Created by Fabio Dela Antonio
Beat Saber map (a.k.a beatmap) visualizer in AR for iOS.
This is a very early prototype! It’s not optimized and a lot of improvements can be made, use at your own risk!
- Clone this repository
git clone https://github.com/fabio914/BeatmapAR.git cd BeatmapAR/
- Run Carthage bootstrap to download and build the project dependencies
- Run XcodeGen to generate the Xcode project file:
- Open the Xcode project:
- Set a “signing team” and create a new provisioning profile;
- Build and run on an iOS device (⌘ + R).
How to use it
- Use iTunes (on Windows or older versions of macOS) or Finder (on newer versions of macOS) to transfer your Beat Saber songs to the app. You should transfer the entire song
.zipfile (do not extract and transfer its contents). You can also use iOS’ own “share sheet” to copy song
.zipfiles from other apps to this app.
- Open the app, select your song and hit PLAY.
- Optimize how the AR scene gets built and build the map incrementally instead of all at once;
- Consider reducing the number of polygons in the block/cube model;
- Add an internal web browser to allow the user to download songs from within the app itself;
- Add support for other game modes (e.g. 90º, 360º, one saber, etc);
- Use ARKit’s plane detection and anchor;
Its beatmap definition is based on the lolPants/beatmap-schemas.
This project isn’t affiliated with Beat Games nor Beat Saber.